Happy 45th birthday to us!
- 1975 – Senior nurse Vivian Pritchard lays the first stones of the original building.
- 1987 – The Sobell Study Centre (now OxCERPC) opens.
- 1991 – The first Sobell House charity shop opens.
- 2003 – The hospice building extension is complete.
- 2019 – Official opening of our new outpatient & inpatient building.
We’ve also been able to increase the range of services we can provide. Now we’re pleased to offer something to suit everyone’s needs, from creative therapies, to bereavement care and many more.
Always here when you need us
The work that all hospices do is vitally important, and we know that many of you will have been touched by a story involving Sobell House – whether directly or via a friend or family member. We’re here to help people when they need us. But don’t just take our word for it, please take a look at Our Impact pages to find out what the people we’ve helped have to say about Sobell House in their own words.
And last but not least, a big thank you
As a charitable organisation, we depend on the ongoing help from our supporters, and we really wouldn’t be where we are today without you. So we’d like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to anyone who has supported us – in any way – over the years.