Our rehabilitation team consists of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and a Therapy Assistant who work to help you live life to the fullest.
We work to assess your mental and physical wellbeing, help to provide strategies to optimise your physical activity, independence in day to day tasks and activities that mean the most to you at all stages of your illness.
After we receive a referral for you, we will assess you holistically and work closely with other teams to help you reach your goals.
We can work with you face to face in your home, via video consultation, at Sobell in the day service or on the inpatient unit.
What we do
- Help to maintain independence through education & advice
- Personalised Exercise and Rehabilitation Programmes
- Lifestyle management advice including leisure activities, new hobbies or interests
- Help to manage symptoms such as breathlessness, anxiety & fatigue management
- Relaxation techniques
- Assessment for specialist equipment
- Moving and handling advice and environmental assessment
- Future planning when deterioration is anticipated
- Assisting with psychological adjustment related to loss of function
- Supporting and educating carers/family on loss of function or cognitive ability
- Supporting discharge planning from the In-Patient Unit
- Being a resource for therapists working in other healthcare settings with people who have complex life limiting illness